Over the course of 10 weeks you’ll learn the core principles of Ayurveda and create a healing diet plan for yourself, and start to follow it.
You will learn how to choose what foods will balance your individual constitution for now, for the seasonal shifts, and for the rest of your life.
And week by week, integrate nourishing self practices to reduce stress in your life, and align your biorhythms to nature for better sleep and more energy.
What is the Wise Woman Way?
"The Wise Woman Way is a way of healing and herbalism described by Western Herbalist, Susan Weed. This approach understands we are all healers and that we can self-heal by finding our allies - teachers, foods, plants, otherwise.
The more I learn about western herbs, her approach, and my approach to Ayurvedic medicine, I realize this is how I teach."
- Adena Rose Bright
Learn how to uproot the cause of disease by changing your diet and aligning yourself with the rhythms of nature.
Join us for The Healing Diet, where we’ll talk eating for healing in a digestible, practical, and directly useful way. You will learn about the principles of healing through diet through the Ayurvedic lens, then apply them to your own body, week by week. Good digestion is the crux of healing as well as preventative medicine in Ayurveda. Healing is happening all the time in our bodies - so let's learn how you can be actively facilitating that process through diet and lifestyle.
Be more in tune with what your body needs
Know the real reason behind ‘eating with the seasons’?
Do you want real tools for dealing with indigestion, and preventing it to begin with?
Do you want to know how you can be healthy for the rest of your life?
Do you want to get out of the rut you’re in, and feel inspired to improve your life?
Do you want daily tools for reducing stress?
Do you feel like your digestive problems are preventing you from living your life?
Past Members Report:
- They have a better routine
- Their meditation practice has improved
- Their yoga practice has changed
- They have better digestion
- They make better food choices
- They have tools to help them manage stress
- They know more about how to adjust my food choices to the season
- They understand how to eat for their body type
Join a community that supports positive choices
- Eating more with the seasons, digesting better and feeling better about your eating habits.
- Upgrading your diet.
- Feeling deeply connected to your body and learn to read the signs your body is sending you.
- Sleeping better, digesting well, and able to accept what life brings you more easily without trying to fight or control it.
- Exuding a sense of calm and balance that is perceptible to others.
- Making choices that are in the best interest of your physical and mental health.
- Feeling happy and more free from health-related suffering.
- Part of a supportive group of people committed to evolving.
Guest Lectures Include:
|Weeks 1 and 2: Discover your Elemental Makeup
- 5 element theory and your body type
- Your state of balance
- How stress affects your ability to heal
- A new routine: Dinacharya
- Learning how to strengthen your intuition
|Weeks 3 and 4: Food Rules
- The HOW and HEALING through Food
- Food combining to avoid toxic build up
- Your metabolic type: Agni
- Keeping digestion strong for optimal digestion and boosting immunity
- Creating a Gratitude Ritual
|Weeks 5 and 6: Creating your Ayurvedic Meal Plan
- The Spirituality of Self Care
- Vata Management
- Self massage
- Adding pranayama into your morning routine
- Redefining Discipline and Will Power
- Creating your meal plan
- Redesigning your grocery list
|Weeks 7 and 8: The Bigger Picture
- Special healing times and needs: Fasting and Cleansing
- Eating Seasonally: The Normal Abnormalities
- Ayurveda for Immunity
- The role of mind in disease and Ayurvedic psychology
- Are their such thing as mental toxins?
|Weeks 9 and 10: Passion Projects
- Putting it all together
- Do I need to be a vegetarian?
- Understanding your body through phases of life
*During these two weeks, students will present
a personal project to the class:
Whether it's a topic/herb/healing
modality you research on your own,
or a workshop you have designed
and presented, you will learn by teaching.*
- Apply for the Mentorship
- Dive deeper into your personal healing
with 1 on 1 work with Adena
Questions? Apply today and schedule your free 20 minute phone interview to learn more.