8 | The Role of Mind in Disease
This is an introduction to Ayurvedic Psychology. We'll learn about the 3 Maha Gunas - or great qualities - which are used to describe our mental state of being. Our eternal environment, including our food choices, affect our state of mind, our mood, and our will power. We are what we eat, on multiple levels.
b) Ayurveda and the Mind, Dr. David Frawley
c) Prakriti: Your Ayurvedic Constitution, Dr. Robert Svoboda
d) PRANA CD, Dr. Claudia Welch
The Healing Diet: Sides
- How is Sattva important for healing?
- The Maha Gunas
- Which foods are sattvic?
- How to increase contentment in your life
How to get the most out of this lesson:
1. Is there an opportunity to try autosuggestion?
2. What do you think you mental state is? Do you lean towards Sattvic or Rajasic? (Hint, none of you are Tamasic )
3. Have you experienced this connection with the energy body? Feel free to share on the forum.